CannMed will open with a pre-conference Continuing Medical Education (CME) workshop on October 22, 2018, where medical professionals can earn up to 8 hours of continuing medical education credits, and a Cannabis Career Fair presented by the State of California’s Employment Development Department (EDD). The Fair is free to job seekers and CannMed participants, and it will feature presentations by expert staff of the EDD for California-licensed cannabis companies and more than 75 exhibitors looking to fill jobs in every aspect of the rapidly growing industry.
At the Conference, more than 50 of the world’s top medical cannabis researchers and clinicians will present compelling case studies and the latest research on the efficacy of treating a variety of medical conditions, from cancer to opioid addiction, with cannabis. Cannabis industry leaders will also share the latest innovations in cultivation, testing, and the use of blockchain technology to improve transparency and product safety.
CannMed 2018 Session Topics Will Include:
- Treating Cancer with Cannabis
- Treating Neurological Disorders with Cannabis
- Treating Pain and Opioid Addiction with Cannabis
- Cannabis and Women’s Health
- Applying Cryptocurrency and Blockchain Technology to the Cannabis Industry
- Developments in Cannabis Genetics
- Cannabis Regulations and Safety Testing Techniques
- Innovations in Cultivation and Product Development
“We’re excited to be holding the 3rd annual CannMed on the west coast,” said Kevin McKernan, Medicinal Genomics’ Chief Science Officer. “It’s move that reflects the growing gravitational pull of the cannabis industry in the West with the confluence of the industry’s most exciting developments— endocannabinoid-based therapies, genomics and cryptocurrency. It’s on pace to be our biggest and most important conference yet.”
Some of the presenters headlining CannMed 2018 are:
- Dr. Raphael Mechoulam, Professor of Medicinal Chemistry at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and the research pioneer who discovered the endocannabinoid system and key active components of cannabis.
- Dr. Michael Dor, Head of Community Medicine Division – Israeli Ministry of Health; Director of Emergency Walk-In Clinic – Jerusalem, Israel; and Deputy Director of All Medical Services – Israeli Ministry of Health.
- Dr. Bonni Goldstein, Medical Director of Canna-Centers, a California-based medical practice devoted to educating patients about the use of cannabis for serious and chronic medical conditions and medical advisor for weedmaps.com.
- Catherine Jacobson, Director of Clinical Research at Tilray and responsible for identifying opportunities for clinical research partnerships, fulfilling Tilray’s goal of advancing knowledge of cannabinoid science by partnering with physicians and medical institutions.
- Dr. Dustin Sulak, Founder of Integr8 Health and osteopathic general practitioner, He also founded Healer.com, a medical cannabis patient education resource and Cannabis Expertise, a medical cannabis continuing medical education curriculum.
For a full list of presenters and the latest conference information visit www.cannmedevents.com; follow CannMed Events on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram; or follow hashtags #CannMed #CannMed2018.
About Medicinal Genomics Corporation
Medicinal Genomics Corporation has pioneered the genomics of cannabis to build a stronger scientific foundation for cannabis-based products. Our unmatched expertise in genetic science has helped cultivars, dispensaries and testing laboratories characterize and understand the quality and consistency of cannabis to ensure patients and consumers have access to safe, quality cannabis.
About DASH Cryptocurrency
DASH is a unique cryptocurrency designed to make instant, private payments online or in-store using a secure open-source platform hosted by thousands of users around the world. At DASH’s core is a unique fully-incentivized peer-to-peer network where miners are rewarded for securing the blockchain and masternodes are rewarded for facilitating instasend and privatesend functionalities. DASH’s unique governance model enables masternode voting on treasury spending and as a result grew faster than Bitcoin in 2017.
For more information on all CannMed 2018 activities and to register, please visit www.cannmedevents.com
Contact Doug Kennedy Medicinal Genomics
SOURCE Medicinal Genomics