Ethereum Classic (ETC) traded down -0.64% to US dollar in the last 24 hours time period closing 00:30 on August 31st EST. Ethereum Classic at the moment has a market capitalization of $1,340,050,614 and its 24 hr volume is approximately $166,927,129. During the last seven days, Ethereum Classic is 3.68% against the US dollar with a movement of 0.83% through the past hr.
Now look at how similar cryptocurrencies have performed in the last 24 hours:
- Zcash (ZEC) is currently trading at $147.25 against the USD, a -2.26% change since this time yesterday. The Bitcoin cost for ZEC currently, is 0.021116 BTC.
- Bytecoin (BCN) is currently trading at $0.00 against the USD, a 5.86% change since this time yesterday. The Bitcoin cost for BCN currently, is 0.00000031 BTC.
- Cardano (ADA) is currently trading at $0.10 against the USD, a -4.26% change since this time yesterday. The Bitcoin cost for ADA currently, is 0.00001437 BTC.
- Binance Coin (BNB) is currently trading at $10.68 against the USD, a -3.37% change since this time yesterday. The Bitcoin cost for BNB currently, is 0.00153156 BTC.
- REBL (REBL) is currently trading at $0.02 against the USD, a 6.50% change since this time yesterday. The Bitcoin cost for REBL currently, is 0.00000227 BTC.
- Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is currently trading at $540.56 against the USD, a -1.61% change since this time yesterday. The Bitcoin cost for BCH currently, is 0.07754175 BTC.
Ethereum Classic Data
Ethereum Classic has a max supply of 104,184,151 coins. It launched on 23rd July, 2016.
Quoted from CryptoCompare: “Ethereum Classic is an attempt at keeping the Ethereum blockchain unaltered by the part of the community that opposed the hard fork and the return of The DAO funds. It started trading on Poloniex and is getting more and more traction.The Ethereum Classic mission statement is:”We believe in decentralized, censorship-resistant, permissionless blockchains. We believe in the original vision of Ethereum as a world computer you can’t shut down, running irreversible smart contracts. We believe in a strong separation of concerns, where system forks are only possible in order to correct actual platform bugs, not to bail out failed contracts and special interests. We believe in censorship-resistant platform that can be actually trusted – by anyone.”Our block explorer data: total coins supply, total network hash rate, last block number and total difficulty are freely provided by https://gastracker.io/In 2017, the Die Hard fork was implemented in ETC, removing the Ethereum difficulty bomb. Currently, there are no plans to move to Proof of Stake like Ethereum, although developers at the IOHK institute are developing a new PoS protocol for Ethereum Classic.”
Listed below are some useful links if you happen to choose to get more information about Ethereum Classic:
ETC: For Traders
You can get ETC at trading exchanges like BitTrex, Novaexchange, Zecoex, HitBTC, RightBTC, and Exmo.
It’s not always possible to buy cryptos including Ethereum Classic right away using USD. Investors looking to get hold of ETC will probably need to firstly get Bitcoin or ETH from an market place which offers American dollar trading pairs for instance Coinbase or perhaps GDAX. Buyers may then use this BTC or Ethereum to obtain Ethereum Classic using one of the trading exchanges posted above.