Litecoin (CURRENCY:LTC) traded down 7.8% against the US dollar during the 1 day period ending at 0:00 AM E.T. on March 17th. Over the last seven days, Litecoin has traded down 16.2% against the US dollar. Litecoin has a total market cap of $8.32 billion and $433.24 million worth of Litecoin was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Litecoin coin can currently be purchased for about $149.52 or 0.01948840 BTC on popular exchanges including OkCoin Intl., WEX, VirtacoinWorld and Tripe Dice Exchange.
Here’s how similar cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Verge (XVG) traded 14.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0278 or 0.00000362 BTC.
- Dogecoin (DOGE) traded 8.9% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0032 or 0.00000041 BTC.
- Bytom (BTM) traded 9.1% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.32 or 0.00004162 BTC.
- Syscoin (SYS) traded 12.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00004368 BTC.
- Polymath (POLY) traded 17.5% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.46 or 0.00006001 BTC.
- GameCredits (GAME) traded down 5.9% against the dollar and now trades at $1.22 or 0.00015863 BTC.
- BridgeCoin (BCO) traded 15.2% lower against the dollar and now trades at $1.88 or 0.00024458 BTC.
- Einsteinium (EMC2) traded down 30.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.19 or 0.00002524 BTC.
- CyberMiles (CMT) traded down 12.3% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0699 or 0.00000911 BTC.
- Gulden (NLG) traded 8.7% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0822 or 0.00001071 BTC.
Litecoin (LTC) is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the Scrypt hashing algorithm. Its genesis date was October 8th, 2011. Litecoin’s total supply is 55,677,456 coins. Litecoin’s official Twitter account is @LitecoinProject and its Facebook page is accessible here. The Reddit community for Litecoin is /r/litecoin and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. The official message board for Litecoin is litecointalk.io. Litecoin’s official website is litecoin.com.
According to CryptoCompare, “Litecoin LTC – provides faster transaction confirmations (2.5 minutes on average) and uses a memory-hard, scrypt-based mining proof-of-work algorithm to target the regular computers and GPUs most people already have – which are its main differentials to Bitcoin. The Litecoin network is scheduled to produce 84 million currency units with a halving in reward every four years just like bitcoin. The coin was created by a Google employee, Charles Lee. Litecoin is in second spot to Bitcoin and has spawned numerous clones – however it has a solid base of support and dedicated development team.The Litecoin project is currently maintained by a core group of 6 software developers, led by Charles Lee, with a large community that is growing in support.In May 2017, Litecoin became the first of the Top 5 (By Market Cap) cryptocurrencies to implement the SegWit scaling solution. Later in May of the same year, the first Lightning Network transaction was completed through litecoin, transferring 0.00000001 LTC from Zurich to San Francisco in under one second.”
Litecoin Coin Trading
Litecoin can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Bibox, LocalTrade, Koineks, BITHOLIC, Bisq, BTC Markets, Koinex, Exmo, Negocie Coins, NIX-E, CryptoBridge, Bitbank, Upbit, BTC Trade UA, SouthXchange, Coinsquare, Cryptopia, AEX, ChaoEX, ZB.COM, Gate.io, Cryptomate, Koinim, BitKonan, CoinEx, Mr. Exchange, QuadrigaCX, EXX, BigONE, BitMarket, DSX, Kraken, Coingi, OKCoin.cn, TOPBTC, BTC-Alpha, HitBTC, Binance, GDAX, OpenLedger DEX, Bitstamp, Coinone, BCEX, Kucoin, xBTCe, Braziliex, Trade Satoshi, Bitlish, BtcTrade.im, Bitmaszyna, Bithumb, Tidex, Abucoins, CoinFalcon, The Rock Trading, Poloniex, Bitsane, RippleFox, Coinroom, Allcoin, Coinbene, LiteBit.eu, Bitcoin Indonesia, BitFlip, BX Thailand, Huobi, Bit2C, FreiExchange, Exrates, CoinExchange, Bitinka, BitBay, Livecoin, Tripe Dice Exchange, Bit-Z, Qryptos, Stocks.Exchange, C-CEX, CoinsBank, Mercatox, Bleutrade, Mercado Bitcoin, Tux Exchange, Waves Decentralized Exchange, CoinEgg, Coinut, YoBit, CoolCoin, VirtacoinWorld, Coinrail, Liqui, TDAX, Cryptox, RightBTC, Gatecoin, Dgtmarket, GOPAX, Bitfinex, Bittrex, COSS, OKEx, OkCoin Intl., WEX, Bitso, Altcoin Trader, Coinhouse, Bits Blockchain, BitGrail and Bittylicious. Investors seeking to acquire Litecoin using U.S. dollars directly can do so using GDAX, Changelly or Coinbase.
Receive News & Updates for Litecoin Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Litecoin and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.