Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 7.6% against the US dollar during the 24 hour period ending at 9:00 AM Eastern on February 3rd. Monero has a market cap of $4.58 billion and approximately $52.45 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last 24 hours. One Monero coin can currently be purchased for about $290.69 or 0.02843460 BTC on exchanges including Cryptomate, Upbit, BTC-Alpha and Binance. Over the last seven days, Monero has traded 7.5% lower against the US dollar.
Here is how related cryptocurrencies have performed over the last 24 hours:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded 8.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0048 or 0.00000047 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 4.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0197 or 0.00000194 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 1.3% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.40 or 0.00033320 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded up 3.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.56 or 0.00015299 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded up 5.4% against the dollar and now trades at $2.85 or 0.00027856 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 5.7% against the dollar and now trades at $1.04 or 0.00010213 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded up 13.1% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0102 or 0.00000099 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 5.5% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.21 or 0.00002025 BTC.
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. Its launch date was April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,764,952 coins. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official message board is forum.getmonero.org.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Monero Coin Trading
Monero can be traded on the following cryptocurrency exchanges: Qryptos, Abucoins, Bittrex, Livecoin, Poloniex, Cryptopia, Cryptox, LiteBit.eu, Kraken, Tux Exchange, Gate.io, OKEx, Braziliex, HitBTC, Bisq, Exrates, Cryptomate, Upbit, SouthXchange, Binance, BTC-Alpha, Mercatox, Bitfinex, Coinroom, Bithumb and Exmo. It is not presently possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to acquire Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Changelly, Gemini or GDAX. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Ratings for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and analysts’ ratings for Monero and related companies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE daily email newsletter.