Monero (CURRENCY:XMR) traded up 1.1% against the dollar during the 1 day period ending at 22:00 PM ET on January 25th. During the last seven days, Monero has traded up 1.6% against the dollar. One Monero coin can now be purchased for approximately $327.89 or 0.02822220 BTC on major cryptocurrency exchanges including Bithumb, Binance, SouthXchange and Qryptos. Monero has a total market capitalization of $5.13 billion and $74.76 million worth of Monero was traded on exchanges in the last day.
Here’s how other cryptocurrencies have performed during the last day:
- Bytecoin (BCN) traded up 5.8% against the dollar and now trades at $0.0071 or 0.00000062 BTC.
- DigitalNote (XDN) traded 1.1% higher against the dollar and now trades at $0.0304 or 0.00000262 BTC.
- Aeon (AEON) traded 2.9% higher against the dollar and now trades at $4.91 or 0.00042597 BTC.
- Boolberry (BBR) traded 45.4% higher against the dollar and now trades at $3.39 or 0.00029150 BTC.
- Sumokoin (SUMO) traded down 4.3% against the dollar and now trades at $6.77 or 0.00058263 BTC.
- IntenseCoin (ITNS) traded 23% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.0269 or 0.00000234 BTC.
- Karbo (KRB) traded up 5.6% against the dollar and now trades at $1.30 or 0.00011267 BTC.
- LeviarCoin (XLC) traded 10.6% lower against the dollar and now trades at $0.34 or 0.00002902 BTC.
Monero is a proof-of-work (PoW) coin that uses the CryptoNight hashing algorithm. It was first traded on April 18th, 2014. Monero’s total supply is 15,645,883 coins. Monero’s official website is www.monero.cc. Monero’s official Twitter account is @monerocurrency and its Facebook page is accessible here. The official message board for Monero is forum.getmonero.org. The Reddit community for Monero is /r/monero and the currency’s Github account can be viewed here.
According to CryptoCompare, “Monero (XMR) is a cryptonight algorithm based alternative crypto currency. The coin is based on Proof of Work and has a block reward that varies smoothly. The difficulty retargets every block with a sixty second block target. Monero uses a Ring Signature system to protect your privacy, allowing users to make untraceable transactions. “
Buying and Selling Monero
Monero can be bought or sold on these cryptocurrency exchanges: Bittrex, Mercatox, Kraken, Exrates, Livecoin, BTC-Alpha, HitBTC, Cryptox, Abucoins, Cryptopia, Tux Exchange, Poloniex, Gate.io, Exmo, Binance, Coinroom, Bisq, Qryptos, Bithumb, Braziliex, Bitfinex, SouthXchange, Upbit, LiteBit.eu, Cryptomate and OKEx. It is not possible to buy Monero directly using U.S. dollars. Investors seeking to trade Monero must first buy Bitcoin or Ethereum using an exchange that deals in U.S. dollars such as Coinbase, Changelly or Gemini. Investors can then use their newly-acquired Bitcoin or Ethereum to buy Monero using one of the exchanges listed above.
Receive News & Updates for Monero Daily – Enter your email address below to receive a concise daily summary of the latest news and updates for Monero and related cryptocurrencies with MarketBeat.com’s FREE CryptoBeat newsletter.